Search from here

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Update to homemade harp trap

Some time ago now I said that we would be building a homemade harp trap.


Well I never got round to doing this for various reasons.

However Aidan Matthews did (see picture), at present I don't have the full details of how he did this, but I do know that it's made from white water pipe and some timber.

He had a bit of a nightmare stringing it, with the mono breaking several times but a quick adaptation sorted that problem.

It weighs approx. 11kg and can be erected in 20mins by one person.

He has promised that he will document the build and send me more photos on the construction. Once I have these I will post them.

Martin

Please note: In the UK you have to be licenced to use harp traps and mist netts by the government agency for your country e.g. Natural England, BBG has a number of licence holders for this equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment